I suggest that a review of recent legislation and court rulings provides a possibility. In random order these are:
– Citibank writing the language dismantling of Dodd-Frank law,
– cuts in SNAP,
– refusal to extend unemployment compensation,
– the failure to prosecute those shooting the poor and black,
– 47% comments,
– cutting of educational funding,
– laws which allow major corporations to pay no federal income tax,
– voter suppression of elderly, poor and youth,
– the increase of wealth by the wealthiest compared to the middle class and the poor,
– a military system which uses primarily the poor,
– corporations have the same rights as people,
– money is free speech ergo, Jimie Dimon,
– reduction of retiree’s pensions,
– attacks on unions,
– opposition to a living wage,
Basically, there is a movement in which legislation and policy are aimed at aiding the wealthy (like Congress) to increase their riches and power by taking from the poor, the working poor, women, the youth, the aged, and the middle class.
The numbers affected by this sea change in wealth distribution are growing exponentially.
The frustration and anger are growing exponentially.
There will be a point where rage will erupt.
The wealthy and the powerful have been careful not to attack the firefighters, the police and the army. They have been systematically preparing the national guard and local sheriffs and police departments to “handle” any protest which they will call insurrection.
The one percent will be ready when the torches and pitchforks appear at the castle gate.