If you, your children, your parents or your grandparents receive the benefits of Social Security, you are a Socialist.
On August 14,1945, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act passed by Congress. It was a social insurance program designed to pay retired workers age 65 or older a continuing income after retirement. It also covers disability and survivors insurance.
It is an earned benefit. It was an insurance program where workers, through and with their employers, paid a premium to cover their expenses after retirement. It was intended to be like modern day car, home, or health insurance.
Unfortunately Congress treats the fund as its own personal “petty cash”.
What is more unfortunate, bordering on criminal is that the cap on employer and the individuals contribution is $128,400. That’s correct; if your income is $1,000,000 you will not be required to contribute to Social Security on $871,600 of your income.
And lastly is the fact that the security systems for our elderly, disabled and survivors exist no longer. Children cannot or will not take care of their parents. The state and churches are no longer taking full responsibility. It is highly unlikely that they can or will be able to step up.
IF YOU, YOUR PARENTS, OR YOUR GRANDPARENTS…
- receive Social Security,
- are on Mediicare,
- are on Medicaid,
- went to public school or college,
- drive on public highways,
- have your house protected by a fire department,
- are protected by the police,
- drink safe water,
- use a sewer system,
- use safe medication,
- eat safe food,
- use a safe banking system,
- believe in Christ,
YES, YOU ARE A SOCIALIST. And, when the President or any other politician accuses anyone of being a Socialist, know that they are attacking you, your parents, your grandparents and your children.
is that they define themselves primarily by their opposition to “the other” which leads to their history of hatred, violence and genocide.
Does your church define itself by “the other” in any way? I.e. our religion is the one true way to believe?
Do you define yourself by “the other” in any way? I.e. I am a Democrat; not a Republican.
Is the problem solvable? And, if it is solvable; what is the first step in that solution?
Can a person remain a member of the Republican Party when the Party and the Republicans in Congress refuse to speak out against the intentions and # actions, legal and not, of Donald J. Trump?
We have stepped through the looking glass and are in the vortex to the bottom. The Founding Fathers anticipated the possibiliy of a tyrannical despot as evidenced in the Declaration of Independence. What they could not and did not anticipate was a legislative and judicial branch too cowardice to stand against the executive. These founding fathers loved this country so much that some of them” bordered bankruptcy in their farms and businesses to serve the greater good.
Todays Members of the House and the Senate, all of them Democrate and Republican, have subjucated themselves to the pursuit of power and wealth.
We must make sure that we are properly registered (some are using this as a way to disenfranchise the voter) and then VOTE
Thomas Payne understood!
“THESE are the times that try men’s souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph….
Our politicians once again take to the television and editorial pages and the end result will be nothing. They have no plan and don’t really want one because their goal is to be gain power and wealth by staying in office.
I offer a simple plan which they may feel free to adopt into law and supercede or replace state law. It will not stop all gun violence, but will certainly cauce a decline. Driving laws did not stop accidents. Possessing automobile insurance did not stop accidents. But, they helped.
- Sale of all weapons must be recorded. Noone with a criminal record, or judged to be a danger to himself or others may purchase or possess any weapon that could be used for mass murder.
- All weapons of war and associated clips and ammunition must be turned in to the National Guard where they will be stored for permitted use on the National Guard range. The National Guard will make these weapons available for use on their shooting range under their supervision.
- The CDC will maintain records of all shootings by state and share those records with Congress and publish the data for the American people directly on a monthly basis.
- Implementation will be paid for by a tax on weapons of war and associated munitions.
- Congress must establish a commission to study the causes of gun violence in the U.S. including but not limitid to unemployment, hopelessness, social media, etc.
Would the people who put Christ back in Christmas please return him immediately? We will need him to fight the anti-Christ who just got elected for four years.