NRA Was ‘Foreign Asset’ To Russia Ahead of 2016, New Senate Report Finds – https://www.npr.org/2019/09/27/764879242/nra-was-foreign-asset-to-russia-ahead-of-2016-new-senate-report-reveals
Tag: gun control
Thank you for showing how stupid our gun control laws are!
Sounds like a Trumpian promise. (Full of nothing, meaning nothing)
“I didn’t see nothing”
President Trump Travels To Texas, Ohio, Says No Appetite For Assault Rifle Ban – https://www.npr.org/2019/08/07/748848662/trump-heads-to-el-paso-and-dayton-amid-skepticism-from-local-leaders
mumbled through cheeks stuffed with cookies.
Never too many guns or too large of clips!
President Trump On Dayton, El Paso Shootings: ‘Hate Has No Place’ In U.S. – https://www.npr.org/2019/08/05/748190808/trump-calls-for-strong-background-checks-following-el-paso-and-dayton-shootings
If it were not for the existence of guns, mental illness and hatred would have no trigger to pull.
“FULL OF SOUND AND FURY SIGNIFYING NOTHING”
Our politicians once again take to the television and editorial pages and the end result will be nothing. They have no plan and don’t really want one because their goal is to be gain power and wealth by staying in office.
I offer a simple plan which they may feel free to adopt into law and supercede or replace state law. It will not stop all gun violence, but will certainly cauce a decline. Driving laws did not stop accidents. Possessing automobile insurance did not stop accidents. But, they helped.
- Sale of all weapons must be recorded. Noone with a criminal record, or judged to be a danger to himself or others may purchase or possess any weapon that could be used for mass murder.
- All weapons of war and associated clips and ammunition must be turned in to the National Guard where they will be stored for permitted use on the National Guard range. The National Guard will make these weapons available for use on their shooting range under their supervision.
- The CDC will maintain records of all shootings by state and share those records with Congress and publish the data for the American people directly on a monthly basis.
- Implementation will be paid for by a tax on weapons of war and associated munitions.
- Congress must establish a commission to study the causes of gun violence in the U.S. including but not limitid to unemployment, hopelessness, social media, etc.
“ONLY THING THAT WILL STOP A BAD GUY WITH A GUN IS A GOOD GUY WITH A GUN”
What if the good guy with a gun becomes a bad guy with a gun?
What if the good guy with a gun meets a bad guy with a bigger clip?
What if a good guy with a 22 meets a bad guy with a 38?
What if a good guy with a 38 meets a bad guy with a 45?
What if good guy with a 45 meets a bad guy with a grenade?
What if a good guy with a grenade meets a bad guy with an IED?
What if a good guy with an IED meets a bad guy with a drone?
What if a good guy with a drone meets a bad guy with an atom bomb?
WHAT IF WE REALIZE HOW RIDICULOUS THIS ARGUMENT BY THE NRA LEADERSHIP IS?