Please read and share.
In an attempt to extend an olive branch to the Democrats in a biparisan move, President Trump wants to nominate Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court. Trump is said to have quoted himself as saying “better late than never”, a saying he just made up.
A furious Mitch McConnel has been quoted as saying that no such thing will happen in HIS Senate. He and the Republican majority has been bought and paid for by Mr. Putin, and they will not go back on their word.
Democrats are suspicious and therefore are taking no action to move the nomination forward.
FOX pundits are reviewing their scripts from Sinclair Broadcasting to determine if last minute changes have been made.
NPR is reporting that the President will be making a nomination for the Supreme Court.
Trumpsters are jubilant with the news that President Trump will be able to hold up yet another piece of paper which he has signed with his crayon/marker thereby proving that he is doing something.
WallStreet is looking to make even more money in the whipsaw climate of the Trump Administration.
Evangelicals are chanting AMEN from the pulpet and on television but declining to say what they are amening about. However, they are sure that God will forgive the President for his repeated unchristian acts. Mass burnings of the heretical WWJD posters, bracelets, pins and hats are being planed. In heaven, God hides his head in shame.
The 98% are quietly sewing patches on their clothes and planning tasty meals around Ramen Noodles.
Our politicians once again take to the television and editorial pages and the end result will be nothing. They have no plan and don’t really want one because their goal is to be gain power and wealth by staying in office.
I offer a simple plan which they may feel free to adopt into law and supercede or replace state law. It will not stop all gun violence, but will certainly cauce a decline. Driving laws did not stop accidents. Possessing automobile insurance did not stop accidents. But, they helped.
- Sale of all weapons must be recorded. Noone with a criminal record, or judged to be a danger to himself or others may purchase or possess any weapon that could be used for mass murder.
- All weapons of war and associated clips and ammunition must be turned in to the National Guard where they will be stored for permitted use on the National Guard range. The National Guard will make these weapons available for use on their shooting range under their supervision.
- The CDC will maintain records of all shootings by state and share those records with Congress and publish the data for the American people directly on a monthly basis.
- Implementation will be paid for by a tax on weapons of war and associated munitions.
- Congress must establish a commission to study the causes of gun violence in the U.S. including but not limitid to unemployment, hopelessness, social media, etc.
intention: a thing intended; an aim or plan….” according to the dictionary
NOT SUCH A GOOD DEAL NOW!
Help a friend watch for squirrels
Don’t want to mess up the day, so I think I will go back to bed and sleep until tomorrow.